Thursday, October 21, 2010

Algebra talks

Next Wednesday I'll be "on stage" for talks most of the day. (Should have attended the Lee Strasberg Institute instead of the Fraunhofer Institute ;-) ) I've just finished my presentation of the new Industrial Algebra project for the ITWM's round-robin seminar.

So, I'm right in time, but there still work due: on the morning of the very same day I'll give a talk about Sage at our Hackerbrunch. Perhaps, I can persuade some of my colleagues to switch from Matlab and Mathematica to this free (...as in freedom) software. Currently, I'm trying to teach my Sage installation the finite element stuff from FEMhub. Showing that at the Hackerbrunch would be cool, because that's the things they need.

Nice corollary: I just realized that the FEMhub people maintain a Sage-compatible cmake package.

No comments:

Post a Comment